Bazzite

The place to discuss Linux and Unix Operating Systems
Forum rules
Behave
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Bazzite

Post by Zema Bus »

I've been hearing about Bazzite recently and watched a few videos. It's a recreation of the Steam Deck OS (SteamOS). It can either be done as a console install or desktop. It's based on an immutable version of Fedora, but seems to work very well from what I've seen and read. I thought I might try it on my test machine. Looks like it would be good for people who just want to jump right into gaming on Linux.
Bazzite is a custom image built upon Fedora Atomic Desktops that brings the best of Linux gaming to all of your devices - including your favorite handheld.

Here's a Reddit discussion about it.
Grogan
Your Host

Re: Bazzite

Post by Grogan »

Fedora based... that will be all containered up.

You can't even build a native Wine anymore on Fedora without using wow64 (which isn't quite there yet for all 32 bit games... I've tried it twice myself for my system wine and I doubt it's time yet to try it again)
Tk-Glitch comitted on Mar 5

CI: Switch to wow64 for fedora builds

It's been broken for a long while due to broken 32-bit deps.
I don't know why anybody likes that distro, or why they have to try to adapt Steam OS to a fedora base when Valve is developing with Arch. His fans run quieter... ferfucksake, that's a configuration issue. Valve will be using "performance" oriented settings. This boils down to governors, and PWM control. (umm, make a custom SteamOS image that favours quiet fans and battery life over performance?).