Thunderbird 125.0

Discussion about web browsers, email clients, image editors, and all the other software out there
Forum rules
Behave
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Thunderbird 125.0

Post by Zema Bus »

Thunderbird has been based on Firefox ESR, but it just jumped from 115.0 to 125.0. I thought Firefox ESR must have jumped as well, but it's still showing as 115.0. So I don't know if Thunderbird was rebased on the regular release of Firefox, or if Firefox ESR will soon make the jump as well. I couldn't find much information about it and there are no release notes yet. I'm about to see the new version after I finish updating Slackware.
Grogan
Your Host

Re: Thunderbird 125.0

Post by Grogan »

They'll probably lag behind for a while. Thunderbird isn't firefox, there's stuff they'd have to port to the new mozilla base. I hope so anyway, my folks don't like ANYTHING changed in their email program. They have a hard enough time not making panes etc. go away.

I really hate those GUI traps and email programs are always full of them. Accidentally changing sort order fucks people up, turning off toolbars and panes, accidentally undocking menu items (fuck you, Outlook), accidentally changing header display (and it's super easy to do in Thunderbird and it affects all emails AND printing messages! I get Michaeled... why are my emails printing all this garbage)